MELBOURNE, Victoria, April 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Newcrest Mining Limited is pleased to announce the appointment of Philip Aiken as a Non-Executive Director. His appointment is effective from today, 12 April 2013.
Mr Aiken brings to the Newcrest Board extensive Australian and international business experience, principally in the engineering and resources sectors. His early career was at BOC Gases which he joined in 1970 after graduating in Chemical Engineering from the University of Sydney. In 1995 he was appointed Chief Executive of BTR Nylex and in 1997 joined BHP Billiton where he was President BHP Petroleum from 1997 to 2003 and Group President Energy from 2004 to 2006. He is currently the Chairman of Aveva plc, a Senior Independent Director of Kazakhmys plc and of Essar Energy Plc, a Director of Essar Oil Limited, and a Non-Executive Director of National Grid plc. Mr Aiken was formerly Chairman of Robert Walters plc, a Director of Miclyn Express Offshore Ltd and a Senior Advisor at Macquarie Bank Ltd.
Newcrest Chairman, Don Mercer, today welcomed Mr Aiken to Newcrest's Board of Directors. "Phil has extensive experience in the resources sector both within Australia and internationally and I look forward to the contribution he will make to Newcrest."
SOURCE Newcrest Mining Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV