Military Veteran And Cancer Survivor Will Cook For 'The King'
"This is really cool to honor our military veterans and their families," said Almirola. "All of our military veterans are heroes, but when you hear a story like Fabian's, who is a single father and who has survived cancer, it makes it even better to give back. We're going to make sure he has a good time with the crew this weekend."
Eckrich will also donate up to $250,000 to Operation Homefront this year through the contribution of five cents from each purchase of specially marked products from May 1 through July 4.
"As we continue our partnerships with Richard Petty Motorsports and Operation Homefront, it remains important for us to honor our military veterans and their families," said Charles Gitkin, vice president, marketing, innovation and R&D for the John Morrell Food Group. "Fabian and his family have sacrificed immensely, but with the help of Operation Homefront they have been able to overcome great obstacles. We now want to honor Fabian by giving him an experience that hopefully he will never forget."
Almirola and the No. 43 Eckrich Ford will race Saturday night at the Texas Motor Speedway. The event will be televised live by FOX and begin at 7:30 p.m. ET.About Smithfield Foods Smithfield Foods is a $13 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook's®, Gwaltney®, John Morrell®, Kretschmar®, Curly's®, Carando®, Margherita®, and Healthy Ones®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com and www.smithfieldcommitments.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV