Young People's Experiences In The Co-op Housing Program
Study by Aviva highlights YouthLink's outstanding work with at-risk youth.
TORONTO, April 12, 2013 /CNW/ - In recognition of the International Day for Street Children, Aviva Canada, one of the country's leading providers of home, auto, leisure, group and business insurance is pleased to announce the release of a study on YouthLink's Co-op Housing Program.
Aviva Canada has supported YouthLink's Co-op Housing Program, along with a number of other initiatives undertaken by the agency since 2010. The goal of the Program is to provide an affordable, safe place for vulnerable youth between the ages 16-21 to find stability and prepare for independent living. YouthLink is a non-profit organization based in the Scarborough area of Toronto, Ontario with a mission to support vulnerable youth in making positive life choices. They offer a range of community services that promote mental health and well-being.
The study, called Passport 2012 which was commissioned by Aviva was conducted by local researchers in Italy, Canada and two sites in India. What makes the study unique and more impactful is that it focused on interviews with the participants in the program, as well as the staff supporting them. This is a rare opportunity for both the report and the program participants, whose voices are often silenced or disregarded."We're thankful for Aviva's investment and collaboration in this study which allowed us to gain deeper insight into the how the Co-op Housing program is working, especially for the youth directly supported." - Katina Watson, Director of Counseling at YouthLink. Recommendations from the report were broken down into four audiences: policy-making and practice, corporate/donor support, research and for young people as service users.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV