"The Precision Spectra System is a major milestone in the advancement of SCS therapy," said Maulik Nanavaty, president of the Neuromodulation business unit at Boston Scientific. "The launch of the Precision Spectra System demonstrates our commitment to bringing meaningful innovations to market that provide more pain relief to a broader spectrum of patients."
INVESTMENT IN CLINICAL STUDIES, NEW PRODUCTS AND INDICATIONS
Boston Scientific expects to make continued investments in clinical studies to further understand the needs of chronic pain patients and has recently begun the following trials:
- OPTIONS Trial: An ongoing prospective, multi-center, single-arm study to further characterize the benefits of having a 32-contact option using the Precision Spectra System.
- MAP Trial: An ongoing cross-sectional, multicenter study to estimate the prevalence of multiple areas of pain in SCS-eligible patients with certain diseases.
In addition to the Precision Spectra System, Boston Scientific has recently launched multiple new products in
the United States
, and has received expanded indications in Europe:
About Boston Scientific
- Head-only MRI Conditional CE Mark Approval for the Precision™ Plus SCS System (in the U.S., this is not available for use or sale)
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation CE Mark Approval for the Precision Plus SCS System (in the U.S., this is not available for use or sale)
- Vercise™ Deep Brain Stimulator System CE Mark approval for Parkinson's Disease (in the U.S., this is an investigational device and not available for sale)
- Infinion™ 16 Percutaneous SCS Lead with U.S. FDA and CE Mark approval
Boston Scientific's Neuromodulation business unit is the innovation leader in implantable pain management technology. Through its investments in technology, clinical science, and world-class service, Boston Scientific Neuromodulation is committed to
Innovation Focused on Pain Relief™
. For more information on SCS, visit
. In 2004, Boston Scientific launched the world's first rechargeable SCS device, the Precision™ System, which was also the world's first 16-contact implantable SCS device. Today, more than 60,000 patients worldwide have been treated using Boston Scientific SCS systems.
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit
and connect on