- Pear Shape: Compared to others, those with a pear shape have a bulkier bottom and narrow shoulders. As such, they should wear square-neck shirts to cover the look of their narrow shoulders and avoid billowy skirts in order to balance the look of bulkier hips.
- Inverted Triangle: Those with the inverted triangle body shape have narrower bottoms, which makes them look bulkier in the shoulders. Women with this shape should wear V-neck shirts to balance their bodies. A cocktail dress with a flirty skirt is one good option.
- Curvy Shape: Many people around the world find this to be the perfect body shape. Flare trumpet skirts are best and recommended for curvy cocktail party attendees.
- Hourglass Shape: Snug-waist cocktail dresses are best for women of this body shape. Pencil skirts and low necklines will also make them look gorgeous.
- Straight: This body type may look unique at first sight, where some curves can be visible. Women of this body type should wear coordinated tops and skirts. Cocktail dresses are not for them, especially for nights out.
- Apple Shape: Women of this shape with larger legs should wear slimming colors like dark red, black or any solid color, so that their shapely legs are a splendid sight to behold at any party.
Cocktail Dress Ideas For Women Of Different Shapes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts