CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fifth consecutive year, Corporate Responsibility (CR) magazine has named Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens.
Duke Energy was ranked 26 th on the 2013 list after being independently assessed in seven key areas: environment, climate change, human rights, philanthropy, employee relations, financial and governance.
"Being named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list is a reflection of the contributions our employees are making to Duke Energy and the areas we serve," said Jim Rogers, the company's chairman and chief executive officer. "We continue to balance the diverse interests of our customers, communities, employees and shareholders."CR's 100 Best Corporate Citizens List assesses companies on the Russell 1000 ® stock market index. The magazine's list is based solely on publicly available information. It is available, in full, at www.thecro.com. Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States with more than $110 billion in total assets. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately 7.2 million electric customers located in six states in the Southeast and Midwest. Its commercial power and international business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com. Contact: Randy WheelessOffice: 704.382.8329 | 24-Hour: 800.559.3853 SOURCE Duke Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV