Harper Government Invests In The 150th Anniversary Of The Historic Charlottetown Conference
Prince Edward Island 2014 Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that leads the planning and execution of the 2014 celebrations. With this funding, it will also be able to undertake a nation wide tour as part of their 150 th anniversary celebrations of the Charlottetown Conference. This cross-country tour will be held with a performing arts production that will highlight Prince Edward Island's culture and the historic role played by the Conference.
- Canadian Heritage will provide $2 million through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund, and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency will contribute $1.5 million from the Innovative Communities Fund and $352,500 from the Business Development Program. This funding will support the development of a state-of-the-art theatre pavilion. This project will help improve the Centre's capacity to offer performing arts and heritage programming that reflects Canada's creativity in time for the 150 th anniversary celebration of the 1864 Charlottetown Conference in 2014, as well as the Centre's 50 th anniversary. These investments will be instrumental in providing the necessary infrastructure to further develop cultural tourism in Prince Edward Island.
Confederation Centre of the Arts was founded in 1964 as Canada's national memorial to the Fathers of Confederation, who gathered at Province House in 1864 to discuss the creation of this country. The Fathers of Confederation Building Trust, a non-profit corporation with a national mandate and a nationally constituted Board of Trustees, operates the facility.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts