PURCHASE, N.Y., April 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MVC Capital, Inc. (NYSE:MVC), a publicly traded business development company that makes private debt and equity investments, announced today that its board of directors has declared a dividend of $0.135 per share, to be distributed to shareholders for the second quarter of fiscal 2013. The dividend is payable on April 30, 2013 to shareholders of record on April 23, 2013. This distribution represents the thirty-second consecutive quarterly dividend paid by the Fund since implementing a dividend policy in July of 2005.
About MVC Capital, Inc.MVC Capital is a Business Development Company traded on the New York Stock Exchange that provides long-term debt and equity investment capital to fund growth, acquisitions and recapitalizations of companies in a variety of industries. For MVC's investor relations, please call Jackie Rothchild at 914-510-9400. All media inquiries should be directed to Nathaniel Garnick at 212-687-8080. About Our Distributions The amount and specific timing of any future dividends paid pursuant to the Fund's dividend policy will be determined by its board of directors. Forward-Looking Statements The information contained in this press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions. Certain factors could cause actual results and conditions to differ materially from those projected in these forward-looking statements, and these factors are enumerated in the company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: Investor Relations MVC Capital Jackie Rothchild, 914-510-9400 or KCSA Strategic Communications Garth Russell, 212-896-1250 or Media Inquiries Sard Verbinnen & Co Nathaniel Garnick/Patrick Scanlan, 212-687-8080
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV