PLYMOUTH, Minn., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) has been recognized on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's 14th annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, known as the world's top corporate responsibility ranking based on publicly available information. This is the fourth year in a row that Mosaic has been named to the list.
- Mosaic has decreased its groundwater use at its Central Florida operations by 50 percent over the last 20 years.
- Mosaic produces approximately 6.9 million gigajoules of clean electricity through waste heat capture—to satisfy 47 percent of company-wide electrical demand.
- Mosaic is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, affirming its deep commitment to operate according to universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anticorruption.
Mosaic also was noted for its philanthropy and the investments of The Mosaic Company Foundation—including The Mosaic Villages Project—which is moving 300,000 smallholder farmers out of poverty in ten countries on three continents. Watch videos about how The Mosaic Villages Project farmers are improving their livelihoods by growing more food through sustainable intensification and agronomic practices.
"Without a doubt, Mosaic's greatest strength is its workforce. Our more than 8,000 global employees translate Mosaic's values of integrity, excellence, sustainability and connectivity into action every day," said Jim Prokopanko, President and CEO, The Mosaic Company. "It's because of their dedication to excellence that our company stands out—to customers, shareholders and the global business community. We're grateful for their achievements and this 100 Best Corporate Citizens List recognition."Mosaic's ranking is based on more than 298 data points in seven categories, including environment, climate change, human rights, philanthropy, employee relations, financial performance and governance. The 100 Best Corporate Citizens List's open and transparent methodology is governed by a Methodology Committee of the Corporate Responsibility Officers Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV