On Belay! Charlotte Arborists Association's Annual Tree Climbing Competition Takes Place This Weekend
CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What better way to spend a beautiful spring weekend, than watching Charlotte's best tree climbers? Free to the public, the Husqvarna-sponsored Charlotte Arborists Association's Annual Tree Climbing Competition takes place on Saturday, April 13 th from 8am to 5pm, and Sunday, April 14 th from 9am to 4pm at Freedom Park, 1900 East Boulevard.
The competition will feature 70 arborists from North Carolina, South Carolina and other parts of the United States and as far north as Canada, competing for the 2013 CAA Tree Climbing Champion title. The winner will also receive a Husqvarna 550 XP® saw, with finalists receiving Husqvarna prize packs consisting of saws, gear and safety apparel.
Each arborist's skills will be challenged across five preliminary events, judging them on both timing and execution. The top scorers from Saturday will move on to compete for the Championship, held on Sunday. Throughout the competition, the arborists will demonstrate proper technique and equipment used in tree care and safe working practices.
"Arborists spend their lives climbing up and down trees in order to preserve their health and beauty, and this event is a fun and engaging way for these professionals to showcase their skills, raise awareness for the industry, collaborate on techniques with their peers and focus on safe practices within the arboriculture industry," said Jim Parello, Director of Marketing, Husqvarna USA. "We encourage Charlotte area residents to come to Freedom Park this weekend and check it out."Saturday's activities will include a free Fun Climb, which allows for the public to try out their own climbing skills. Sponsored by Arborguard Tree Specialists, the Fun Climb gives kids and adults alike the chance to try tree climbing with professionals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV