NEW YORK -- Citigroup (C) is forecast by Wall Street on Monday to post first-quarter earnings of $1.17 a share on revenue of $20.17 billion.
This will be the first full quarter under CEO Mike Corbat, who took over last fall when Vikram Pandit stepped down under pressure from the bank's board.
Last year, the bank posted earnings of $1.11 a share on revenue of $19.41 billion.
Charles Schwab (SCHW) is forecast to post quarterly earnings of 16 cents a share on revenue of $1.27 billion.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) is close to a deal to acquire Life Technologies (LIFE), according to reports. The price could end up being as high as $13 billion, which would make it one of this year's largest corporate takeovers, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing a source familiar with the negotiations. Thermo Fisher is expected to pay about $75 a share for Life Technologies, which makes genetic testing equipment, the Journal said. Life Technologies closed Friday at $68. Thermo Fisher Near Deal for Life Tech: Reports
Analysts expect M&T Bank (MTB) to post first-quarter earnings of $1.96 a share.
The Federal Aviation Administration ordered an inspection of more than 1,000 U.S.-registered Boeing (BA) 737s to examine the tail planes for a potentially faulty part, which the agency said could cause pilots to lose control of the aircraft if it failed, Reuters reported.
Microsoft (MSFT) is working on designs for a touch-enabled watch device, executives at suppliers told the Journal, potentially joining rivals like Apple that are working on similar devices. Microsoft Is a Buy Before Earnings Release
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV