Community Pharmacy Goes Mobile To Deliver Patient Education
AUSTIN, Texas, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RxWiki, Inc. announced today the beta release of Mobile+™, a customizable mobile application for community pharmacists that delivers the latest medication information, news, and alerts to their patients' smartphones. The addition of Mobile+ to RxWiki's Digital Pharmacist™ offering enables pharmacists to synchronize the patient engagement experience within mobile devices, social media channels, websites and printed materials.
"With millions of patients searching for health information on their smartphones, there is a major opportunity for pharmacists to connect with patients outside of the pharmacy," says Donald W. Hackett, RxWiki CEO and Publisher. "RxWiki Mobile+ enables pharmacists to prescribe trusted information to patients on any digital device, at any time, wherever they are."
RxWiki Mobile+, available on iOS and Android platforms, features:
- Integration of each pharmacy's branding within the app
- Touch-to-call option to dial the pharmacy's telephone number
- News feeds customizable by health condition
- Synchronized patient engagement experiences within social media channels, websites and print materials
"The Tarrytown Pharmacy Mobile+ app gives me a competitive advantage in my market," said Mark Newberry, Pharm.D., owner of Tarrytown Pharmacy. "My pharmacy is in the business of taking care of patients. RxWiki Mobile+ empowers pharmacists to extend the learning experience beyond the pharmacy to keep patients engaged in managing their health," Newberry added.Pew Internet research shows that one out of every 3 minutes spent online is through a smartphone device. According to research2guidance, by 2015, approximately 500 million people worldwide will be using healthcare mobile applications. "The rapid adoption of mobile devices gives community pharmacists another opportunity to improve medication therapy management and reduce costs," Hackett said. "RxWiki's Digital Pharmacist™ network members can ensure their patients received trusted, consistent information throughout the medications delivery experience provided by RxWiki Mobile+."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV