Sovereign Capital Named 'Investor Of The Year' At Independent Specialist Care Awards
LONDON, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Sovereign Capital, the UK private equity Buy & Build specialist, is delighted to announce that it has won the 'Investor of the Year' category at the Independent Specialist Care Awards, held on 12 March 2013. This award recognises "the private equity firm, venture capitalist, business angel or investing institution that has done the most to help the specialist care sector prosper and progress over the past 12 months."
The Independent Specialist Care Awards draw attention to the best performing private and voluntary sector providers working in the provision of social care services for adults with learning or physical disabilities or mental health conditions whether that be in residential care, homecare or specialist hospitals.
Sovereign Capital is the most active UK mid-market private equity investor in Healthcare Services. The firm has committed £200m of capital over the last 11 years to a diverse range of service-based healthcare businesses providing: care for those with learning disabilities, mental health issues or complex needs; residential care and domiciliary care, as well as independent fostering agencies. Over the past year its portfolio companies have continued to expand and invest in their high-quality service provision, including:
- Eden Supported Living, which provides person-centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs has established a specialist hospital in Notthinghamshire: Bestwood Hospital is enabling Eden to offer a comprehensive care pathway from hospital registered facilities all the way through to floating support.
- City & County Healthcare Group has become the fourth largest domiciliary care provider in the UK and now provides nearly four times as many hours of care per week as at Sovereign's investment in 2009.
- Christchurch Group, which provides specialist care for adults with an Acquired Brain Injury, acquired a respite care centre in York. The site has been reconfigured to operate as a full-service neuro-rehabilitation centre providing long-term care for patients, extending the range of services that Christchurch offers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV