DEARBORN, Mich., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford announces new fuel-efficient 1.5-liter EcoBoost ® engine, extends successful EcoBoost lineup to meet global demand for four-cylinder EcoBoost engines
- Ford now has capacity to build 1.6 million EcoBoost engines annually, triples number of plants that produce EcoBoost engines in Europe, Asia and North America from 2010 to 2013
- 1.5-liter EcoBoost offers trademark EcoBoost turbocharging, direct fuel injection and variable valve timing; delivers power of a larger engine with smaller unit economy
- Fifth Ford EcoBoost engine delivers new innovations, and significant consumer benefits in global markets offering tax reductions for vehicles equipped with engines of 1.5-liter capacity or less
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today announces a new 1.5-liter EcoBoost ® engine will join its lineup of fuel-efficient, innovative powertrains. The 1.5-liter engine is a key strategic entry for Ford, as the company works to meet strong global demand for its four-cylinder EcoBoost engines.
With the launch of this newest fuel-efficient engine, Ford now has capacity to build 1.6 million EcoBoost engines annually. By the end of 2013, six plants across Europe, Asia and North America will be producing EcoBoost engines, triple the number that were doing so in 2010.
Production of the four-cylinder 1.5-liter EcoBoost – the fifth member of the EcoBoost family – will commence initially at Ford's world-class facility in Craiova, Romania, later this month. Other manufacturing locations will be announced in the future. The new engine will be first introduced in China in the all-new Ford Mondeo, making its public debut later this month at Auto Shanghai 2013, with applications following in the Fusion sedan in North America this year, and later the new Mondeo in Europe.As a key contributor to Ford's aggressive fuel economy and emissions strategy, EcoBoost technologies enable improvements to both fuel efficiency of 20 percent and emissions of up to 15 percent. The 1.5-liter engine benefits from signature EcoBoost turbocharging, direct fuel injection and variable valve timing, and has been designed to be even more fuel efficient and offer high levels of refinement, quietness and performance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts