NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orchid Island Capital, Inc. (NYSE:ORC) announced that on April 10, 2013, the Board of Directors declared a monthly cash dividend for the month of April 2013. The dividend of $0.135 per share will be paid April 30, 2013, to holders of record on April 25, 2013, with an ex-dividend date of April 23, 2013.
The company intends to make regular monthly cash distributions to its stockholders. In order to qualify as a real estate investment trust ("REIT") the company must distribute annually to its stockholders an amount at least equal to 90% of its REIT taxable income, determined without regard to the deduction for dividends paid and excluding any net capital gain. The company will be subject to income tax on taxable income that is not distributed and to an excise tax to the extent that certain percentages of its taxable income is not distributed by specified dates. The company has not established a minimum distribution payment level and is not assured of its ability to make distributions to stockholders in the future.
Details of the MBS Portfolio PerformanceOn February 28, 2013, the Company announced it had fully deployed the proceeds from its recently completed initial public offering. Details of the MBS portfolio as of March 31, 2013 are presented below. These figures are preliminary and subject to change and, with respect to figures that will appear in the Company's financial statements and associated footnotes, are subject to review by the Company's independent registered public accounting firm.
- MBS Portfolio Characteristics
- MBS Assets by Agency.
- Investment Company Act of 1940 Whole Pool Test Results
- Repurchase agreement exposure by counter-party
- MBS Risk Measures
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV