CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ExploreLearning ®, a business unit of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD), announced that students have now solved more than two billion addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts using Reflex ®. ExploreLearning Reflex is a research-based program that uses the allure of challenging and exciting games to get students engaged and working at peak performance in developing instant recall of math facts.
Reflex launched in April 2011, and is now being used at thousands of schools across the country. "We are delighted that Reflex usage is accelerating so strongly. The system passed the one billion fact mark after 19 months online and in just over 4 months since then, that number has doubled," says Dave Shuster, Ph.D., founder and publisher of ExploreLearning. "More importantly, the program is making a real difference in students' lives. Reflex has helped students master more than 42 million facts and we get feedback from educators every day highlighting the incredible impact the system is having in their classrooms."
Teachers and administrators report that Reflex is making a difference on district and state assessments. After using Reflex, their students have seen noticeable jumps in test scores. At an elementary school in Mauston School District, Wisconsin, teacher Jim Beaver has had his students using Reflex since October 2012. "MAP [Measure of Academic Progress] results grew around 10 to 14 points so far this year," reports Mr. Beaver. He attributes the phenomenal growth in scores this year to Reflex."Gaining math fact fluency is very important for student success in math. It not only gives them more confidence but it also helps them handle more difficult problems," says Mr. Beaver. "I also love the fact that the students enjoy Reflex and feel better about themselves. It isn't just math facts... it is self-esteem that is improving."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV