News Summary: US Jobless Claims Plummet To 346K
By The Associated Press
FEWER SEEK BENEFIT: The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell sharply last week, to a seasonally adjusted 346,000 from 388,000. The drop nearly reversed three straight weeks of increases.
VOLATILE PATTERN: Applications have been volatile in the past two weeks largely because of the Easter holiday. The timing of the holiday changes from year to year. That makes it hard to adjust for school holidays and other changes.
HOPEFUL SIGN: The drop signals that the job market might be stronger than March's weak month of hiring suggested. Employers added only 88,000 jobs last month, down from an average of 220,000 in the previous four months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV