Mayor Leitzell And Dayton Chamber Discuss Regional Benefits Of Immigration Reform
DAYTON, Ohio, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dayton Mayor Gary Leitzell and Chris Kershner of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce joined Jeremy Robbins, Director of the Partnership for a New American Economy, on a press call in support of comprehensive immigration reform. During the event they highlighted how modernizing outdated policies could benefit the region.
" Dayton strives to be a welcoming place for immigrants," said Mayor Leitzell. "We embrace the work ethic, family values, and culture they add to our city, and encourage Congress to take action and reform our outdated system."
"As the voice of the Dayton region's business, we have a unique understanding of the immigrant economic development opportunities. Both as risk-taking entrepreneurs and as a skilled workforce, immigrants are essential to the Dayton area economy," Kershner stated.
Mayor Leitzell and the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce join millions of business leaders and elected officials across the nation urging Congress to take action and reform our antiquated immigration system.About the Partnership for a New American Economy: The Partnership for a New American Economy is a bipartisan group of mayors from across the country and business leaders from all sectors of the economy and all 50 states united in the effort to raise awareness of the economic benefits of sensible immigration reform. Co-chairs and members of this group range from industry leaders to small business owners, employing over 4 million people and generating over $1.4 trillion in annual sales, while our mayors represent cities of all sizes with a combined population of over 35 million residents. SOURCE Partnership for a New American Economy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV