Peabody Energy Honored For Excellence In Community Service
ST. LOUIS, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy has been honored with the 2012 Communitas Award for excellence in community service. The award recognizes the company's leadership in a record-breaking 2012 campaign for the United Way of Greater St. Louis. Peabody rallied the St. Louis community and raised more than $72 million – the highest total in 90 years. The funds benefit 170 critical social service agencies serving more than 1 million people in Missouri and Illinois.
"In a down economy, even more of our neighbors need a hand up. Giving to the United Way is one of the most effective ways to help," said Gregory H. Boyce, Peabody Energy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and the volunteer Chair of the United Way 2012 Campaign. "And United Way depends on caring people for support. It says a great deal that the people of Peabody were undaunted by difficult economic times. Our employees raised more last year than at any time in our company's history, and we continue to donate time and treasure to make this community a better place to live."
During the campaign, Peabody's world headquarters office in St. Louis and its Gateway Mine outside Coulterville, Ill., broke participation records with involvement in fundraising events approaching 100 percent. The dollars raised support such crucial local services as transportation for the elderly, programs for troubled teenagers and employment assistance for the disabled. Since 1955, Peabody has been a landmark in downtown St. Louis, contributing to charitable, civic and educational causes throughout the region and the world. Peabody gave $7.2 million to nonprofit organizations in 2012.
For his leadership as United Way Campaign Chair, Boyce was also recognized during United Way's inaugural Volunteer Center Honors, which took place in March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV