ATLANTA, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced summary results of its latest SmartHub® eCommerce benchmark analysis, which was based on a sampling of orders placed on Cyber Monday in November 2012.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The current release evaluated over 225 leading merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"We were really excited to see the data from Cyber Monday," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "There had been a lot of speculation leading up to the holiday season about how Cyber Monday would be affected given the new trend of brick and mortar stores extending their hours and promotions during the Cyber Five. But, the data clearly shows that Cyber Monday still holds the title of busiest shopping day of the year. Our data shows how retailers performed."
The Cyber Monday SmartHub® benchmarking study details how retailers performed in the categories of free shipping price points; shipping and delivery time following the busiest day; and returns. Among the findings:
- Retailers utilized free shipping offers to entice Cyber Monday shoppers at a 2.5 time higher rate than previously recorded.
- During the first 10 months of 2012, 68-80% of orders were shipped no later than the day after the order was placed. On Cyber Monday, however, just over half of orders (52%) were shipped by that point.
- Comparable returns data from the August 2012 order cycle shows that 46% of retailers offered free returns or a prepaid label on Cyber Monday orders versus 30% in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV