AFPM Supports Common Sense Measure To Rescind EPA's E15 Approval, Require Further Testing
WASHINGTON, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) today reacted to a markup by the House Science Subcommittee on the Environment of legislation introduced by Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) that would halt the sale of mid-level ethanol blended gasoline.
H.R. 875 would rescind EPA's E15 waiver decisions and prevent further waivers that would allow the sale of gasoline containing more than 10 percent and up to 20 percent of ethanol pending a comprehensive study by the National Academy of Sciences.
"Automakers, refiners, AAA, retailers, environmental groups, anti-hunger advocates and consumers have all expressed opposition to the use of E15 in the general fuel supply. There is little support for E15 beyond the hallways of EPA and ethanol activists," said AFPM President Charles T. Drevna. "If the Agency knows something that we don't it has certainly failed to make a justifiable case for approving a fuel that numerous studies have shown to be harmful to consumers. The committee's action on this legislation is a win for consumers."About AFPM AFPM, the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers is a trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life. AFPM members make modern life possible and keep America moving and growing as they meet the needs of our nation and local communities, strengthen economic and national security, and support 2 million American jobs. SOURCE American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV