Wash. Jury Weighs Case Of Actress Who Sued IMDB
SEATTLE (AP) â¿¿ A federal jury in Seattle is deliberating the case of a little-known actress who sued Amazon.com Inc. and its Internet Movie Database for revealing her age.
Huong Hoang goes by the stage name Junie Hoang and has appeared in such films as "Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver" and "Hoodrats 2: Hoodrat Warriors."
The 41-year-old says offers for roles dried up after the popular online movie database mined her account information to learn her true age. She sued for breach of contract, and the case went to trial this week. The judge dismissed parent company Amazon as a defendant before the trial.
IMDb has argued that it has a First Amendment right to publish accurate information and Hoang can't prove she lost any money because of it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV