Experienced Surgeon Vs. FDA-Approved Robot
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With more than 4,500 robotic prostate surgeries under his belt, David Samadi, MD may be the last person you'd expect to welcome an FDA investigation of robotic surgery. But late Tuesday he appeared on Fox 5 News saying, "Let the FDA do their investigation and clear the air. This is about our prostate cancer patients."
Dr. David Samadi is Vice Chairman of the Department of Urology and Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He was among the first in the world to perform robotic prostate surgery and today he uses the da Vinici robot in his highly successful SMART (Samadi Modified Advanced Robotic Technique) version of the procedure.
Dr. Samadi offers these key questions for patients to ask their prospective surgeon:
- How many successful robotic surgeries have you performed?
- Will I be your only patient/operating room during my procedure?
- What are the typical complications following your robotic surgeries?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV