Ivar's Makes A Splash With Salmon House Bar Remodel
SEATTLE, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle waterfront restaurant Ivar's Salmon House, located at 401 NE Northlake Way on North Lake Union, announced the o-fish-al reopening of its lounge after a three-month renovation. The Whalemaker Lounge now boasts a splashy new interior with enhanced water views, river rock masonry fireplace, more seating and refreshed decor. The popular bar and happy hour menu also received a makeover with new signature cocktails, non-alcoholic refreshments and tasty seafood dishes.
- More than 20 new seats were added among the booths and bar, along with a fresh copper bartop
- Local woodworker Sam Peterson made new cork and Jatoba tables and collaborated with Sean Aydlott to affix stunning copper tabletops. Aydlott, owner of Cut It For You and former Boeing Engineer, custom routed unique designs into the copper, including David Robert Boxley's art that was commissioned for the remodel
- Fresh flooring constructed from regional solid, end-grain Douglas Fir, a sustainable and durable product sourced from the Oregon Lumber Company
- Alexander Lang, a second-generation art contributor to Ivar's, created a central fireplace of natural stone. Alexander incorporated signature "KEEP CLAM" etchings on the hearth rocks, as a nod to the company's flounder and a hidden surprise for patrons to find
- Visible only to those looking into the mirror at the bar, Jose Martinez of Seattle's Graphic Display Sign and Awning Company inscribed a reverse image of "So A Whale Walked Into A Bar"
- Acclaimed Northwest native artist and original Salmon House contributor David Robert Boxley created custom whale designs. The print was incorporated by Martinez throughout the bar area, in framed wall pieces, mirrored bar back etchings and detailed wood carvings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts