UBS analyst Stephen Scinicariello in a report on Tuesday included Fifth Third among four mid-cap value bank stock plays, saying "better-than-feared fundamentals should continue to lead to revaluation of the sector."
Scinicariello's price target for Fifth Third is $19, and on Tuesday the analyst lowered his first-quarter EPS estimate to 40 cents from 42 cents, while lowering his full-year 2013 EPS estimate to $1.71 from $1.78, and his 2014 EPS estimate to $1.79 from $1.87, "due to mortgage banking trends."
On a more encouraging note, Fifth Third's complicated 2013 capital plan could result in common-share buybacks totaling up to $1.084 billion, Scinicariello wrote, adding that "the potential replacement of $750MM of trust preferreds could bolster the [net interest margin]."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV