WISE Names 2013 Women Of The Year
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Women in Sports & Events (WISE), the leading voice and resource for professional women in the business of sports, announced today the recipients of the 2013 WISE Women of the Year Awards. This year's honorees are:
- Sharon Byers, Senior Vice President, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Coca-Cola North America
- Danielle Maged, Global Head of Business Development & Partnerships, StubHub
- Carol Stiff, Vice President, Content Program & Integration, espnW
WISE also announced Dick Ebersol, former Chairman of NBC Sports, as the recipient of the 2013 WISE Champion Award, an annual award that is given to a male executive who has championed women in the workplace.
These four distinguished individuals will be honored at the 19 th annual WISE Women of the Year Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, June 18 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. The event will be emceed by ESPN SportsCenter anchor, Lindsay Czarniak.
"This year's honorees are not only leaders in the industry with their remarkable contributions but have helped to change the overall sports landscape in media and business," said Kathleen Francis, national president of WISE. "We celebrate their efforts, dedication and commitment to serving as an inspiration to other aspiring women."The honorees, which were voted on by the WISE membership, were selected based on the following criteria:
- Women who are visible leaders and continue to be a voice for women in the industry;
- Women who break down barriers, help create new opportunities and serve as a resource for other women;
- Women who exemplify professional experience and are role models for others;
- Women with a minimum of 10 years work experience with at least 5 years in the sports and/or events industry.
- Champions the role of women in the business of sports and events through the successful creation of new jobs, mentoring and networking opportunities;
- Clearly communicates a vision for women in the industry and their continued advancement; and
- Shows consistent commitment to the promotion of women's careers and recognition of their professional accomplishments.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts