News Summary: Obama Tax Credit For Small Business
By The Associated Press
OBAMA'S TAX PROPOSAL: The president's budget proposal for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1 contains a 10 percent tax credit for small businesses that hire or give their current workers raises.
LESS MONEY FOR SBA: The budget allocates $810 million for the Small Business Administration, down 12 percent from the 2012 budget.
MORE LOAN HELP: The proposal includes a streamlining of the application process for SBA loans, a plan to increase the number of lenders who work with the SBA and renewed financing of mortgages under what are known as SBA 504 loans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV