Career Coach: Who to Hire, Who to Fire
The Stay-At-Home-Spouse remembers, longingly, the intellectual engagement of the office; the happy hum of corporate life before the arrival of children or the trauma of economic dislocation. His other half's job keeps the wolves from the door, so why not tackle his own career ennui by helping others achieve some excitement in theirs.
Hire: The SAHS is all about empathy; he feels and shares your pain. He doesn't have a ton of clients so your success is his success. Heck, you may even hire him at your next job. So he's gonna work hard to help you achieve a breakthrough. Evenings, weekends, it's all good.
Fire: The SAHS doesn't possess the keys to the temple, otherwise he wouldn't be bored witless while working from his dining room table in Cos Cob. Hence he may default to prepackaged programs: the "Seven S's of Self-actualization" and whatnot. Sadly, the blind leading the blind can often lead down blind alleys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV