Metal Company Brings 146 Jobs To South Carolina
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) â¿¿ A metal fabrication company says it is coming to South Carolina's Anderson County and will hire nearly 150 workers.
SMF Inc. plans to spend nearly $6 million putting its new plant in an existing building, opening in July. The company hopes to have 146 employees working in the plant by 2018.
The Minonk, Ill.-based company makes metal parts and components for construction, power generation, agriculture, and mining.
SMF President Brian Brown says Anderson County was the right location and had the quality of workers his company was looking for. He also praised state and local official for working with his firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV