Young Americans Will Not Bear Cost Burden Of Covering Older Americans Under Health Reform
"Unlike the age rating limit, the elimination of gender-based pricing will drive premium changes. Certain segments such as younger women will benefit from the prohibition while younger men may pay more as a result," said Telkamp.
The results of the study were based on an analysis of over 20,000 premium quotes for 3,629 health insurance plans available within the two largest metropolitan regions in each state. The report examined price increases in existing policies for males and females ages 23, 30, and 63. Health plans were limited to the individual and family insurance market for consumers under the age of 65. This HealthPocket InfoStat is part of a series using health plan data to produce objective, meaningful, and clarifying information and guidance for consumers navigating an ever-changing health insurance marketplace.
To compare how health plans are currently priced, based on age, and gender in any geographic location, visit HealthPocket's Plan Comparison Tool.
About HealthPocket HealthPocket.com is a free website that compares and ranks all health plans available to an individual, family, or small business, so everyone can make their best health plan decision and save on their out of pocket costs. The Company uses only objective data from government, non-profit, and private sources that carry no conditions that might restrict the site from serving as an unbiased resource. The founders of HealthPocket.com spent decades pioneering online access to health insurance information and knew they could offer something different that can positively change how people buy and use healthcare in the U.S. Learn more at www.HealthPocket.com.SOURCE HealthPocket
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV