NORWALK, Conn., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Priceline Partner Network, a business unit of priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), today announced a partnership with MapQuest to power its newly launched feature to book travel. MapQuest, the online travel brand, is a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc.
The partnership will give travelers access to thousands of hotel, airline and rental car services through the MapQuest ecosystem, including within MapQuest Discover , which aims to help people imagine, plan, and now book upcoming trips, and MapQuest Travel Blogs, which allows users to share their trips with their friends, family or the world.
The robust collection of travel services offered by MapQuest via the Priceline Partner Network includes:
- The ability to search, compare and book published-price hotel rooms at thousands of quality chain and independent hotels around the world. MapQuest travelers will also have access to Priceline's database of hotel specials, including instant discounts, free breakfast, free Internet access and more;
- Access to thousands of rental cars worldwide and support of rental car company discount codes;
- Airline ticketing with almost all major airlines, including seat mapping, the ability to book different classes of seats and the use of airline frequent flyer numbers.
"Through this partnership with Priceline, we're able to continue growing our brand from being the online mapping pioneer into being a leader in digital travel directions," says Brian McMahon, General Manager of MapQuest. "We're excited to continue enhancing our product with booking functionality and travel content. It speaks to our goal of providing value to our users and simplifying each step of the traveler's journey."About The Priceline Partner NetworkThe Priceline Partner Network (PPN) http://www.pricelinepartnernetwork.com is the private-label distribution channel for priceline.com travel services. Working behind the scenes, PPN powers travel websites for a spectrum of affinity groups, airlines and hotel management firms and chains. PPN believes that it offers the most customizable private-label travel affiliate program on the market today. PPN's private-label services include hotels, flights, rental cars, flight & hotel packages, and priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price travel services for hotels, airline tickets and rental cars. About The Priceline GroupThe Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN) is a leader in global online hotel reservations, with over 295,000 participating hotels and accommodations worldwide. The Group is composed of four primary brands - Booking.com, priceline.com, Agoda.com and rentalcars.com - and several ancillary brands. The Priceline Group provides online travel services in over 190 countries and territories in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa. Booking.com is the number one online hotel reservation service in the world, offering over 275,000 hotels and accommodations (as of February 25, 2013), and is available in 41 languages. More recent counts are available on the Booking.com website. Priceline.com gives leisure travelers multiple ways to save on their airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises. In addition to getting compelling published prices, travelers can take advantage of priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price® service, which can deliver the lowest prices available, or the recently added Express Deals, where travelers can take advantage of hotel discounts without bidding. Agoda.com is an Asia-based online hotel reservation service that is available in 38 languages. Rentalcars.com is a multinational rental car service, offering its reservation services in over 6,000 locations. Customer support is provided in 40 languages. About MapQuestMapQuest provides Internet, mobile and business solutions delivering on the promise of helping people dream, plan, share and go wherever the map meets their life. MapQuest is one of the leading mapping brands online, reaching 35.2 million web users in March 2013 and 16.5 million mobile users in February 2013 (based on three month averages), according to comScore Media Metrix and MobiLens. MapQuest's mobile solutions are compatible with a variety of mobile devices, including iPhone and Android devices. MapQuest, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc, is based in Denver, Colo. SOURCE Priceline.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV