OFA-FL And Mayors Against Illegal Guns To Hold "We Have Not Forgotten And Demand Action" Community Event In The Delray Beach Area
Communities Standing Up to Call on Congress to Pass Common Sense Measures to Reduce Gun Violence like Expanded Background Checks
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This Saturday, April 13 th, Delray Beach area community leaders will join together at a "We Have Not Forgotten and Demand Action" community event to call on members of Congress to support gun violence prevention measures like the bipartisan legislation introduced by Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey and West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin to require background checks for commercial gun sales. The American people have made it clear where they stand – they want a response to the tragedies caused by gun violence and want Congress to keep guns out of dangerous hands. With 92% of Americans already supporting commonsense measures like background checks for all gun sales, it's time Congress stands with those Americans instead of the gun lobby to support reforms that will save lives and protect our communities.
"We Have Not Forgotten and Demand Action" events will feature community leaders as they stand up to ensure that Congress hears the steadfast calls of the American people for sensible solutions to gun violence. It's time for Congress to act now, stop the political games and move forward meaningful steps to protect our communities and our children. There have been too many families torn apart by gun violence – it is time to show that we can both support the Second Amendment and make sure dangerous people aren't able to purchase a gun.
Who: Mayor Glickstein of Delray Beach, Mayor Muoio of West Palm Beach and Angela Williams of Mothers Against MurdersWhen: 10:00 AM Where: Delray Beach Center for the Arts at Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV