Philadelphia's Largest Earth Day Celebration Provides Fun For All Ages
The 32 nd Annual 5K Run for Clean Air offers free registration for runners and walkers 60 and over and now includes a Kids' Fun Run.
PHILADELPHIA, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The 5K Run for Clean Air, a certified-green run and the Philadelphia area's largest Earth Day celebration, will take place on Saturday, April 20, beginning at 9 a.m. In its 32 nd year, this event is a celebration of sustainable and healthy neighborhoods, clean air and improvements in the region's overall environmental health.
For a second year, SCA, a global hygiene and sustainable forest products company with Americas headquarters in Philadelphia, is the Platinum Sponsor and will cover the 5K Run and 3K Walk for Clean Air registration fee for participants age 60 and over. The company is committed to caring for people and nature through support of events such as the Clean Air Run."As one of the region's greenest companies, we share the Clean Air Council's passion for sustainability and commitment to the local community," says Don Lewis, President of SCA Americas. "Our support of this event is an ideal way to commemorate Earth Day in Philadelphia and it's our hope many people will participate and consider taking public transportation to help support clean air in Philadelphia." "Clean Air Council is thrilled to be able to engage more participants and bring them to our Earth Day celebration through SCA's generous support," said Joseph Otis Minott, Esq., Clean Air Council Executive Director. "It is important to the Council that we can educate all ages and keep this is as a family event." Last year, SCA sponsored more than 70 Run participants in the age 60 and over category.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV