STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been awarded a three-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract with an estimated potential value of $9.5 million by the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) to provide spare parts in support of the Abrams main battle tank.
"The Defense Logistics Agency has a strategic goal of reducing costs by $10 billion in five years and General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to helping them achieve it," said Graz Graziano, vice president of Combat Support and Sustainment for General Dynamics Land Systems. "By aligning our approach to support their objective, we presented DLA with new ideas for significant material-cost reduction over the life of this contract. We look forward to additional opportunities to continue this partnership in the future."
Through this contract General Dynamics Land Systems will provide DLA with spares for the M1A2 system enhancement package (SEP) version 1 and version 2 series of tanks. This contract leverages the best practices of multiple General Dynamics Land Systems organizations: program management will be performed by employees at General Dynamics Land Systems-Force Protection in Ladson, S.C., while the parts will be manufactured at General Dynamics Land Systems' Scranton, Penn., manufacturing facility. Work will begin immediately and will be performed through April 2016.
The M1A2 SEP fully digitized platform is one of the most technologically advanced tanks in the world. The Abrams SEP v1 and v2 tanks feature sophisticated command and control systems, second-generation thermal sights, improved armor and many other state-of-the-art capabilities.More information about General Dynamics Land Systems is available at www.gdls.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Land Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV