Franciscan St. Francis Health Is First Hospital In Nation To Implant Breakthrough Aortic Heart Valve Device
"The On-X heart valve with Anatomic Sewing Ring is a major advancement and allows us to again improve the quality of life for younger patients with aortic valve disease," said Gerdisch. "The new valve permits preservation of normal cardiac architecture and tension is reduced on the tissue where the valve attaches. This type of innovation is designed to facilitate implantation and reduce trauma to the heart, ensuring a greater likelihood of long-term benefit."
On-X valves are designed with breakthrough technology that causes less blood cell damage than traditional mechanical valves.
Franciscan St. Francis Health is one of the leading hospitals for the Prospective Randomized On-X Valve Reduced Anticoagulation Clinical Trial (PROACT). The purpose of this trial is to determine if patients that receive the On-X valve can be safely maintained with reduced levels of blood thinner or eliminating the use of Coumadin (warfarin) altogether.
This landmark trial has already produced important findings that could impact the future for patients that receive a mechanical valve. Gerdisch will be presenting study results at professional conferences internationally this year.The Franciscan St. Francis Heart Valve Center is the first dedicated multidisciplinary center for evaluation and treatment of heart valve disease in Indiana. As the only Healthgrades 5-Star valve repair and replacement surgery program in Indianapolis for two years in a row, its team of heart surgeons and cardiologists are experienced in managing complex valve disease. By offering advanced surgical techniques not available at most hospitals, the center's staff offers new life and hope to patients. Contact: Joe Stuteville+1-317-528-7986+1-317-946-9930 (mobile) email@example.com SOURCE Franciscan St. Francis Health
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV