- Berks County: Lisette Mendez-Rodriquez, staff Ombudsman; assisted an individual who has limited mobility in relocating to a facility closer to where the individual's mother resides;
- Lancaster County: Bill Kelley, volunteer Ombudsman; serves as an advocate on behalf of older consumers of long-term care services, trains other volunteers, and gathers data for the department's Bureau of Advocacy;
- Huntingdon County: Nancy German and Scott Imler, protective services workers; investigated a consumer who was physically abused and financially exploited by his daughter, moved the consumer to his son's residence, and were instrumental in securing $113,000 of restitution from the daughter;
- Somerset County: Edyth Zschoche, protective services worker; assisted a consumer who lived in a rodent-infested home with no running water by finding resources in the community to clean and create a safe living environment in the individual's home and re-establish a water supply.
Pennsylvania Department Of Aging Honors Five Advocates At Joint Conference
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.