InsightsOne Study: Americans Are Fed Up With Bad Ads
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- InsightsOne, a pioneer in consumer predictive intelligence solutions enabled by big data, today announced the findings of its 2013 Bad Ads Survey conducted online by Harris Interactive on its behalf from February 27-March 1, 2013 among over 2,100 American adults aged 18 and older. The survey, which was aimed at determining American attitudes and behavior around the ads they see every day, found that fully 87% are now putting their foot down on the number of irrelevant ads they are willing to see before they ignore a company completely. Almost a quarter (23%) of Americans say they will do so after seeing just one spam email or online ad, and 43% say they will ignore a company completely after seeing as many as two.
And annoying ads are pervasive, with 91% of Americans reporting they see them. While email spam and junk mail tend to get the most attention, it was surprising to discover that almost as many Americans are annoyed by website ad spam (52%) as are annoyed by email spam/sidebar ads (55%). Postal junk mail (37%) actually ranked fifth, behind television ads (60%), email spam/sidebar ads, website ads and ads on social media (37%).
The results may create challenges for ecommerce companies that advertise and sell over the web. In fact, 88% of Americans say they have even been "flooded" with online ad spam, and 91% of those say they take action when it occurs. 36% of those who have ever been flooded with online ad spam say they would leave a website because of too many irrelevant ads, and many more would begin to feel that the company doing the advertising doesn't respect their time (26%). For email, 60% will unsubscribe from future messages, but a surprising 45% will simply ignore future communications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV