Success On The GED Test Now Just Clicks Away In California
SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In striving to offer more adults without a high school diploma an opportunity to obtain a high school credential, as well as basic technology skills, California recently partnered with GED Testing Service to offer the GED test on computer. Online registration, scheduling and testing is now available to test-takers.
"The GED test on computer provides a more flexible and efficient testing experience for adult learners who often need to move very quickly into jobs or training programs," said Randy Trask, president of GED Testing Service. "Over the past year we've found that adults who test on computer score higher and finish the exam faster, and we're excited that this offering is now available across California."
California joins 41 states that have begun offering the GED test on computer since early 2012. Adult learners across the country have taken advantage of the new benefits, such as online scheduling and registration, instant unofficial score reports, and increased testing flexibility. More than 40,000 computerized GED tests were given in 2012 and yielded significantly positive results for test-takers. Specifically, GED Testing Service found that:
- Adults who tested on computer had an 88 percent pass rate compared to 71 percent for those who tested on paper.
- Adults who tested on computer completed their exams in approximately 5.5 hours compared to 8 on paper.
- Adults who tested on computer were also 59 percent more likely to retake a failed test instead of giving up and dropping out of the testing program.
- ABC Adult School, 12254 E. Cuesta Dr., Cerritos, CA 90703
- Allan Hancock College, 800 South College Dr., Santa Maria, CA 93454
- Antelope Valley Adult School, 45110 3 rd St. E., Lancaster, CA 93535
- Hacienda La Puente Adult Education, 14101 E. Nelson Ave., La Puente, CA 91746
- Riverside Adult School, 6735 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, CA 92506
- Technology Development Center/Ventura Adult Education, 5200 Valentine Rd., Ventura, CA 93003
- Woodland Adult Education, 575 Hays St., Woodland, CA 95695
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV