AFA's Next Mitchell Hour Covers China's Air And Space Revolution
ARLINGTON, Va., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Air Force Association's Mitchell Institute for Airpower Studies is proud to announce the release of its latest report: " China's Air and Space Revolution" by Thomas McCabe. Mr. McCabe will present his report at AFA's next Mitchell Hour.
Recent advancements across a broad range of Chinese aerospace capabilities from combat aviation and airlift, to precision-guided munitions and air defenses, will significantly alter the balance of power in the global security environment moving forward. "The days when the United States could take its status as the world's premier air and space technology superpower power for granted may not be over, but it clearly is not a time to be complacent," explains author Thomas McCabe.
Following the presentation, a discussion panel featuring Lt Gen Stephen Wood, USAF (Ret.), Lt Gen Robert Elder, USAF (Ret.), and Dr. Mark Lewis will comment upon the report's findings.
This Mitchell event will take place on Tuesday, April 23 from 9:30-10:30 a.m., at AFA's national headquarters at 1501 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA, next to the Key Bridge Marriott. The presentation will be in AFA's fourth floor boardroom.About the Author: Lt. Col. Thomas R. McCabe, USAFR (Ret.) is an aerospace analyst for the Department of Defense. His active duty service included three years with tactical air forces and as a briefer on the Air Force Intelligence Service Soviet Awareness Briefing Team. He received a bachelor's degree from West Chester State College in Massachusetts and master's degrees from Georgetown University and the Defense Intelligence College. All Mitchell Hours are free to the public. To register for this event, go to http://april23mitchell.eventbrite.com/. For additional information, contact Sarah Piggott at firstname.lastname@example.org. ABOUT THE MITCHELL INSTITUTE FOR AIRPOWER STUDIES: The Mitchell Institute for Airpower Studies is an independent, non-profit research, studies, and analysis organization founded by the Air Force Association. It takes its name from America's most famous and arguably greatest airman, Brig. Gen. William Mitchell. The Institute seeks to carry on, in the modern day, General Mitchell's tireless and dedicated effort to expand airpower thinking and increase public awareness of the need for this unique military instrument. For more information, visit http://www.afa.org/Mitchell/. The Air Force Association is a non-profit, independent, professional military and aerospace education association. Our mission is to promote a dominant United States Air Force and a strong national defense, and to honor Airmen and our Air Force Heritage. To accomplish this, we:
- EDUCATE the public on the critical need for unmatched aerospace power and a technically superior workforce to ensure U.S. national security.
- ADVOCATE for aerospace power and STEM education.
- SUPPORT the Total Air Force family and promote aerospace education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV