Another under-$10 name that's quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is JA Solar (JASO), which designs, manufactures and markets high-performance solar cells, which are made from specially processed silicon wafers. This stock hasn't done much so far in 2013, with shares up just 4.8%.
If you take a look at the chart for JA Solar, you'll notice that this stock recently came out of a nasty downtrend from $6.14 to $3.37 a share. Shares of JASO have started to spike sharply higher with heavy upside volume after hitting that low of $3.37 a share and are now quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in JASO as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $4.50 a share and then once it breaks out above its 50-day at $4.66 a share and then above more resistance at $4.89 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 494,818 shares. If that breakout triggers, then JASO will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $5.75 to $6.14 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV