STX, HPQ And INTC, Pushing Technology Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) is down $1.48 (-6.6%) to $20.84 on heavy volume Thus far, 29.1 million shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.61-$21.27 after having opened the day at $20.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.32. Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers, small-and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $43.2 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. Shares are up 56.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts