3 Stocks Raising The Telecommunications Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, Verizon Communications ( VZ) is up $0.60 (1.20) to $50.46 on average volume Thus far, 5.4 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.81-$50.48 after having opened the day at $49.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.86. Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $143.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 159.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts