2. As of noon trading, BP ( BP) is up $0.26 (0.63) to $41.83 on light volume Thus far, 2.3 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.57-$41.96 after having opened the day at $41.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.57. BP p.l.c. provides fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to engines, and petrochemicals products. BP has a market cap of $133.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 417.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates BP as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full BP Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts