4. As of noon trading, Total ( TOT) is up $0.58 (1.18) to $49.38 on average volume Thus far, 831,610 shares of Total exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.82-$49.46 after having opened the day at $48.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.81. TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals. Total has a market cap of $115.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Total as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Total Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts