Working beyond just the linear premiere, the iPad app is built to support all types of viewing platforms and experiences including: live STARZ audiences, time-shifted STARZ DVR users, binge viewing on platforms such as STARZ ON DEMAND and STARZ PLAY, and ultimately Blu-ray/DVD. Additionally, the app will continue to engage users long after the series completion with the vast amounts of unlocked content.
More than one hour of custom video content from approximately 50 videos created during production of "Da Vinci's Demons" in
Exclusive content includes:
Cutting Edge Audio Syncing Technology
- Videos: Inventions, scene pulls, interviews with Series Creator David S. Goyer, Dr. Findlen of Stanford - historian videos, and deleted scenes
- 360-degree views of da Vinci's inventions
- Over 80 show elements, artifacts, characters and props
- 24 panoramic environments and locations to explore
- 8 mini games, one per episode, that once mastered, unlock exclusive content on the featured da Vinci invention
"Da Vinci's Demons Citizens of
" offers audio syncing technology that will be used for the first time in
the United States
with the Starz new second screen app. Devised by mufin (
), the audioid in-app recognition does the fingerprinting and matching right on the mobile/tablet device without needing to send any signals to a remote server and wait for results; everything takes place local to the user's device. This is unique from similar solutions and why the accuracy and short recognition periods via mufin are exceptional.
About "Da Vinci's Demons"
- The app is a touch-heavy, interactive experience built entirely on the iOS
- Available for use on the iPad 2 and up, with an operating system of 5.1 and up
- iPad functionality is utilized to move elements in the app, long-taps, swiping, and the microphone
- The "Da Vinci's Demons: Citizens of Florence" App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.AppStore.com
"Da Vinci's Demons," follows the "untold" story of the world's greatest genius,
Leonardo da Vinci
, during his turbulent youth in Renaissance Florence.
"Da Vinci's Demons" will star
, who has received wide critical acclaim in the UK for his performances in theater, film and on television and was nominated by the Drama Desk Awards for his performance in the 2011 Tony® Award nominated Broadway play, "
." Riley's co-stars include
The Inbetweeners Movie
Captain America: The First Avenger
) who plays the celebrated beauty with obscure motives,
("Marchlands," "The Fixer," "Lost in Austen") who plays the shrewd de facto ruler of
("True Blood," "Sherlock," "
") who plays his wife
"Upstairs Downstairs") who plays the ruthless and unwavering Count Girolamo Riario, nephew of Pope Sixtus IV.
"Da Vinci's Demons" comes from the mind of
David S. Goyer
, co-writer of the blockbuster and critically-acclaimed
Dark Knight Trilogy,
writer of the highly anticipated
Man of Steel
and story editor for "Call of Duty: Black Ops," and "Black Ops II," the most successful video game franchise of all time.
is Executive Producer, along with
, head of Adjacent Productions, a label launched in 2012 that sits within BBC Worldwide Productions.
Join the conversation at: #CitizensofFlorence, #DaVincisDemons.