C.R. England Mourns The Passing Of CEO Wayne Cederholm
SALT LAKE CITY, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- C.R. England, one of North America's largest transportation companies, mourns the passing of CEO Wayne A. Cederholm II on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 from complications of a bone marrow transplant.
"His determination was incredible," said Dean England, president of C.R. England. "Now he is free from the challenges he has faced for the last eight months. He faced this with the same class and strength he always displayed with every challenge he faced during his long career with our company. We will miss him beyond measure. He left a mark on this organization that will be imprinted forever. In spite of our sorrow we honor him and pay tribute to a life well lived."
Mr. Cederholm joined C.R. England in 1980. Prior to his role as chief executive officer, Mr. Cederholm served the company as chief operating officer, senior vice president of North American operations, vice president of administration, vice president of safety and personnel, and was also the company's first credit manager.At the start of his career, C.R. England was an $18 million company. Mr. Cederholm was integral in helping to build the company to its current standings as a $1.5 billion organization and the world's largest refrigerated carrier. Mr. Cederholm worked hand in hand for over 33 years with the England family, culminating in his lifetime dream of becoming CEO. He was proud of his safety record, which included winning grand trophy safety awards three consecutive eligible years from the Truckload Carriers Association, unprecedented at the time. He always brought humor to his work but knew that there was a time to be serious and built his life around that balance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV