Olympic Gold Medalist And US Open Champion Andy Murray Returns To Boca Grove
BOCA RATON, Fla., April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Andy Murray, 25 year old professional tennis player currently ranked no. 2 in the world, visited Boca Grove Golf and Tennis Club on Saturday, April 6 through Tuesday, April 9. He was accompanied by coach Ivan Lendl, former world no. 1 professional tennis player and eight-time Grand Slam winner. The two tennis professionals held several practice sessions on Boca Grove's red clay stadium court. Ivan Lendl, a golf enthusiast, also played golf on Boca Grove's beautiful Jim Fazio championship course. This is a return visit to Boca Grove for both Murray and Lendl; they practiced at Boca Grove in April 2012.
Andy Murray, from Dunblane, Scotland, achieved a top-10 ranking by the Association of Tennis Professionals for the first time on April 16, 2007. He has been runner-up in three Grand Slam finals: the 2008 US Open, the 2010 Australian Open and the 2011 Australian Open. In 2011, Murray became the seventh player in the Open Era to reach the semi-finals of all four Grand Slam tournaments in one year. In August 2012, Murray beat Roger Federer in the final of the London 2012 Olympics to win the gold medal. This accompanied by Murray's win at the 2012 US Open made him the first man ever to win an Olympic gold medal and the US Open in the same year. Most recently, Murray won the Sony Open title, securing his current no. 2 world ranking.
Boca Grove is home to a vibrant and proud tennis tradition. The professional tennis staff has built an exciting tennis program. Team play, youth leagues, tournaments, clinics, individual and group lessons, a first-rate Pro Shop, and a variety of special events throughout the year keep Boca Grove tennis players active and challenged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV