Cramer: My Meeting With the Ben Bashers
His eyes rolled.
I said, Why is that so bad? If you really think the world is going to come to an end, am I not offering a substantive solution to the issue?
Nope, he said, it just doesn't help at all.
But all four naysayers did make me think. They made me think they only watch and read the same people over and over again, the ones who fret about Bernanke and NOT about the Republic. The ones who think that all that matters is preserving their wealth and they hear it is threatened by Bernanke.To me, it is threatened by a president and a Congress that aren't serious about cutting spending or genuinely believe that tax increases will mean anything without Medicare reform. They are the ones putting us at risk. That's who people should be grousing about. Ben? All he's doing is trying to keep us afloat in a world where everyone else is sinking. What's so darned bad about that? Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has a position in JNJ.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV