Paulson & Co. Responds To Deutsche Telekom's Improved Offer For MetroPCS
NEW YORK, April 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paulson & Co. Inc. ("Paulson"), the largest MetroPCS shareholder, owning 36.3 million shares or 9.9% of the shares outstanding as of the record date, today stated that it appreciates the substantial improvement to the terms of Deutsche Telekom's offer for MetroPCS.
Paulson thanks Deutsche Telekom for its willingness to consider the views of MetroPCS shareholders and adjust the consideration to the benefit of all shareholders.
Paulson believes the $3.8 billion reduction in debt combined with the 50 basis points reduction in interest rate are material improvements for MetroPCS shareholders and strengthen the pro forma company.
While Paulson needs to review the revised proxy statement before making a final decision, Paulson intends to vote for the merger as restructured.For further information, please contact: Armel Leslie, Walek & Associates, +1-212 590-0530 Paulson & Co. is an investment management firm that specializes in merger arbitrage, event-driven and distressed investing. Paulson has approximately US$18 billion in assets under management and has offices in New York, London and Hong Kong. SOURCE Paulson & Co. Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV