Come to find out, he's a freaking Canadian living in Manhattan! This guy was mocking his own national anthem. Even he doesn't have enough respect to properly honor something that most Canadians hold sacred and me, a proud American but honorary Canadian, removes his hat for during televised broadcasts in his living room.
That's a little tiny personal story that illustrates a larger point. We're a bunch of arrogant bastards in America, namely on Wall Street. And we throw around issues pertaining to Canada's national pride and wellbeing with an ease that assumes Canada has no say in the issue.
They do. They proved it with Potash. And, if it comes down to it, they'll prove it with BlackBerry. That's good for Canada and, you better believe it, better for America than somebody like Microsoft taking RIM and driving it further into the ground.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV